but I love it! Thanks Josiah.
Josiah and I opened our presents early, and he gave me a Kindle. I’ve been loving it.
Here are some reasons why:
- I can read in bed while Josiah sleeps WITHOUT turning on my lamp
- I can take it along on a trip and have plenty of reading material at my fingertips
- I can get free books! I have started reading through some classic literature, and a lot of those books are free. There are also many other free books online. I’ll try to post later on how to find them.
- I don’t need a bookmark – my place is automatically saved
- If I were to buy new books, the Kindle version is usually cheaper
- I can use overdrive.com and borrow library books without taking my active toddler inside the doors
- My book collection is easier to deal with on moving day
Now, I still LOVE hard copies of books. I don’t think I will ever stop enjoying visiting libraries and bookstores and flipping through pages. I love picture books for children. I’m afraid I’d mess up my Kindle if I tried to use it while cooking. And I don’t think e-readers are very compost-able. . .